Tom's master's recital is this Saturday, April 12th. It will include 7 pieces showing a wide range of both style and instrumentation. As a twist to the typical concert experience, each of Tom's pieces will be played alongside a visual interpretation of the piece (a painting by yours truly). Except for one, where the audience is going to try their hands at drawing with crayons while listening to the music. Below is one of Tom's posters. (One disclaimer--the painting he's using as a backdrop was only partly done at the time). Any of you within driving distance--we would really love to see you there, and will be happy to supply you with any information you need about directions, or where to park, etc.

3 comments:
Very cool! How I wish that our family could come!
I wanted to tell you how neat it is that you and Tom can do this together. It may be "his" degree, but it is both of your accomplishments, in so many ways. You have hung in there together through quite a bit and it is neat that you can do this final celebration together. I really look forward to seeing the rest of your pieces.
Too bad we'll miss it - just barely. We'll be out there Wednesday night (the 16th). Can't wait to hear it - that bootlegged copy of Tom's other piece on his myspace page was great. We should get together sometime next week.
Thanks Lynn--it does feel very much like a family effort, and it worked out nicely to end Tom's master's this way. It's too bad that we don't have more family and friends able to make it, but I'll do my best to capture some of it for the blog. We'll have to talk Emily--I'm sure we can work out a get-together.
Post a Comment