Here we have it--the New Childs Family Portrait. Taken by Olan Mills, the guys doing our church directory. Call me thrifty, but I'm used to the Wal-mart portrait packages where you get approximately 57 pictures for $7.99. Apparently Olan Mills prints their photos on something
special, because the conversion ratio of Olan Mills pictures to Wal-mart pictures is similar to converting U.S. dollars into Yen. But, the guy did get a pretty good picture, and observing his technique was worth the price. He had a little stuffed moose he waved trying to get the kids to smile. This may work on other children, but ours were unmoved. He then proceeded to make the moose fart all over the place, with the kind of inhibition you might observe from 1st grade boys behind the jungle gym at recess. Guess I wasn't expecting that from Olan Mills--the guy looked like my 7th grade Social Studies teacher. But, as you can see from the picture, we aren't above laughing at moose flatulence. Unfortunately, this is all I can think about when I look at this portrait. Hopefully that will wear off with time.
2 comments:
But it did make everyone smile =)
Very nice.
What's not to laugh at? :o)
I love the picture, it is fabulous of all of you.
Post a Comment