He got rave reviews from the audience members, and it was amusing for me to watch my humble husband squirm slightly with the compliments thrown his way. For me (and I'm sure much more so for Tom), having his pieces played is both a beautiful musical experience and immensely gratifying. It's satisfying to see his work have a stamp of completion on it, by being played by live musicians as intended, not just a computer program on his laptop. It brings a level of legitimacy to a somewhat obscure field--"Composer" is not exactly as tangible in this small town as something like "Welder" or "Dentist." Basically, I'm just proud of him, so I'll shut up now. If I can figure out how to post an audio recording of the piece from the recital, I'll do it when it becomes available to us.
A picture of my friend from Chicago.
13 years ago
1 comment:
Way to go Tom! We are proud of you too and look forward to hearing your piece. And, Becky, pat on the back for not leaving such things unsaid :o)
Post a Comment