Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Isaac's antics

We went to the Dollar Tree after school on Monday, because Anna wanted to pick out a Fall decoration for the house. (I got something Fall-ish for my Secret Sister at church, and Anna thought it was a big rip off that we don't have any of our own decorations.) Anyhow, when we got to the store, the fall decoration idea got thrown out the window. Isaac wanted a clown make-up kit, and Anna got purple fairy wings. He's in his underwear, because I didn't want to have to deal with washing the stuff off his school clothes!




Today is library day at school. After we read his new books, Isaac was inspired to make one of his own comic books. He got this idea from Captain Underpants books, as you will easily tell from the title of his latest book, "Captain Underwear and the Night of the Haunted Hamburger." Whatever--this is from a kid who avoided writing and drawing like the plague--if he wants to write about underwear, so be it!


I have the text in front of me, and I promise I am not making any of this up. I'm leaving out the pictures, though--sorry, it's getting late! It's funny for Tom and I to read this and see references to various books and tv shows Isaac's watched.

Title page "Captain Underwear and the Night of the Haunted Hamburger."
pg 1-One day, the Hamburgers came to life.
pg 2-And their leader is the Burger 2000.
pg 3-Soon, at a lab a machine was ready.
pg 4-It made You Know Who bigger!
pg 5 The battle begins!
pg 6 Kaboom!
pg 7- Tra-La-Undie! (if you read Captain UnderPANTS, his battle cry is Tra-la-la)
pg 8-And they were now on Jupiter.
Back page- Warning-Do not try this at home

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

You do realize that now I have to go to dollar general and buy clown make up, right? I think Isaac and Ethan would be great friends. Ethan dresses up and writes stories all the time.

Emily said...

Who needs fall decorations anyway? Fairy wings and clown make-up are much better. I can't believe Isaac wrote all that stuff. He's such a smart little guy. I love his clown face pics too. You are a good mom to buy that for him, and paint his face. I would have had a really hard time putting that in my cart thinking of all the clean-up involved.

TomandBecky said...

Chrissy--I'll warn you, the stuff I got from the Dollar Tree seemed to keep it's creamy texture and not dry on Isaac's face. So little clown boy in underwear or old shirt is a good idea since it rubs off pretty easily! I'll have to admit, I'm a sucker for fairy wings. Not living vicariously through my children in any way, though. Nope, of course not! :) Thanks for the comments guys!

Lynn said...

That book deserves publishing - that was awesome!

TomandBecky said...

Tom and I were dying laughing--especially reading the last page warning, which came out of nowhere. I've thought about collaborating with Isaac to make something a little more polished. But half the fun is the amateur drawings, and doing it just for the heck of it! Who knows--you might get a Christmas card with an insert like "Captain Underwear vs. The Reindeer Robot 2000." :)